Frequently Asked Questions about the
Treyco Model 3000 Clipper Blade Sharpener
- Where can I get instructions on how to use the Treyco Model 3000 Clipper Blade Sharpener?
Right here! Download Model 3000 Instructions
- What is the speed of the disc?
400 (low speed) or 900 (high speed) revolutions per minute (RPM).
- What is the diameter of the honing disc?
- What is the disc made of?
- What is the surface like on the disc?
Fine grooves like on a phonograph record.
- What is the life of the honing disc?
300 to 500 sets of blades per side - there are 2 sides to each disc.
- How can you tell when your disc is worn out?
When fine grooves on surface of disc start to wear uneven or disappear.
- How many times can a disc be resurfaced?
Normally 6 to 10 times.
- How are the blades held?
By magnetic holders.
- What clipper blades can be done on the holders that come with the unit?
A5 style blades by Oster, Andis, and Wahl, plus 83 & 84 AU large animal blades.
- What about the other types of blades?
Contact Treyco regarding special holders for Lister, sheep and Aesculap.
- How many clipper blades can you sharpen with 1 lb of honing powder?
80 to 100 sets.
- How many clipper blades can you sharpen with 16 oz of honing oil?
- Can we sharpen ceramic blades with your machine?
No, you cannot sharpen ceramic blades on the aluminum honing disc that comes with the Treyco Machine. Ceramic blades require a diamond type surface.
- What blades are hollow ground?
All human hair and small animal blades.
- What blades are flat ground?
Large animal (horse, cow, sheep).
- Is the machine available in 220 volt?
Yes - please contact Treyco.
- How should I order my honing disc?
If you are mainly using small animal and human hair blades, use a hollow ground disc (HH).
If you are only sharpening large animal (horse, cow, sheep), use a flat disc (FF).
If you are going to do small animal, human hair and large animal (horse, cow, sheep), use a hollow flat ground disc (HF).
- What size generator do I need for a mobile service?
We recommend a 1500 watt unit.
- I currently own a Model 2000. Can I use the its honing disc on the Model 3000?